The Power of EKG!
How to THRIVE by using Empathy, Kindness, and Gratitude as your Focus
- Today’s speed of change, continuing disruptions and the uncertainties we have all experienced have tested the foundations we relied on.
- Many people feel less secure at work and seek to establish balance and a sense of purpose.
- Burnout and stress are high.
- For many organizations, employee retention is poor and becoming a talent magnet to attract quality employees is tough.
- Trusted relationships, friendships, and meaningful connections at work matter, and we believe there is a necessity to be intentional about improving and solidifying them.
What is EKG?
- EKG stands for Empathy, Kindness, Gratitude.
- EKG is an engaging series of purposeful conversations on Employee Engagement and Well-Being. The sessions were designed to practice the principles and SKILLS behind Empathy, Kindness and Gratitude that drive performance and pride in the workplace.
- If there is a time when we need to build the skills of EKG, it is NOW.
- Empathy, Kindness, and Gratitude are the skills and the fuel to drive Diversity, Equity and Inclusion.
Research has proven that it is those individuals and organizations who are kind, who display empathy and who have made gratitude and appreciation a habit are the ones who flourish and have the highest employee engagement.
- 67% of people are experiencing increases in stress while 57% have increased anxiety, and 54% are emotionally exhausted. - Qualtrics
- Close work relationships boost employee satisfaction by 50% - Gallup
- Being KIND is linked to increased feelings of happiness, well-being, improved mental health, and life and job satisfaction – Pew Research Center
- 65% of Americans reported receiving no recognition for good work last year- Gallup
- 58% somewhat or strongly agree that many companies today have lost the human touch – PwC
- Being Proud of your Work and Being Proud of Your Company enables grit, perseverance and performance in good and bad times. Study Results: Employees with high individual pride are 10x more likely to be highly satisfied with their jobs. Employees with high company pride are 24x more likely to stay at their current companies- WorkProud Study
- Managers who create a positive work environment (even in small doses) will see a difference immediately. – OC Tanner Institute
- “These sessions help build Trust and Respect in both directions.”
- “This process taught us to slow down, pause, greet everyone with a smile and be relatable.”
- “I learned to listen more to gain a deeper understanding of someone else’s perspective. I also learned to avoid immediate problem solving.”
- “Practicing EKG at work fosters open communications, increases productivity and solidifies relationships for everyone.”
- “EKG will help differentiate us and help attract talent.”
- “This was excellent team building. Having everyone together means a lot.”
- “Empathy: the ability to recognize and share other people’s feelings is the most important instrument in a leader’s toolbox.” - Simon Sinek in Leaders Eat Last
- “Remember, there’s no such thing as a small act of Kindness. Every act creates a ripple with no logical end.” – Scott Adams, Cartoonist and Writer
- “Gratitude is the gateway to abundance. It is an essential skill for the World – and the world of work that is emerging now and next.” – Kevin Monroe, Gratitude Guide
BELOW are 3 short videos of interviews by Leo Pusateri and Carlos Quintero. In the first, Leo asks Carlos to define EKG. The second video highlights questions that should be explored to determine if this approach makes sense. The third video provides some of the Research behind Empathy and Employee Engagement. Each video is about 3 minutes in length.
To learn more, check out https://ekgpower.com/